Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Day The Music (Country) Died.

OK, the vote has not been taken yet, and maybe it's a bit pessimistic, but this song just seems so perfect for the day Congress votes to begin stripping America of its freedom.  So here it is, one of the finest songs of my generation - used totally out of Don McLean's context - yet right for today.  Consider the words...



"...But February made me shiver, 
with every paper I'd deliver
Bad news on the doorstep; 
I couldn't take one more step..."


"...Oh, and as I watched him on the stage, 
my hands were clinched in fists of rage.
No angel born in Hell, 
Could break that Satan's spell.  
And as the flames climbed high into the night
To light the sacrificial rite
I saw Satan standing with delight
The day the music died..."




No comments:

Post a Comment