Friday, March 12, 2010

Democrats Use Kid as "Human Shield" In Press Conference

I was disgusted yesterday when I listened to the Democrats Health Care Press Conference yesterday. These political scumbags paraded a young boy named Marcelas Owens, 11, to the podium to read scripted comments about the unfortunate death of his mother from pulmonary hypertension, and paint her as a martyr in the battle for government-run health care.




Now, it's always sad when a son loses his mom.  I have unfortunately experienced this sadness first-hand so I know of what I speak.  But the real story here is the level of exploitation that Democrats are willing to stoop to in order to tug at the heartstrings of America.  It was a pathetic display, and the people involved should be ashamed of themselves for using a child as a "human shield" , and for political gain.  I hope that voters, and God himself, ultimately hold Obama, Chuck Schumer, Patty Murray and Harry Reid responsible for this atrocity.

The sad truth is that, based upon the preponderance of the evidence, Tiffany Owens would have likely died even with continuing healthcare. Ms. Owens in fact had been treated, without health care coverage, at two local hospitals for her affliction (she lost her job due to illness - another circumstance I have witnessed first-hand).  Having a resume in medicine and nursing which extends for nearly 25 years, I can tell you that Ms. Owens was likely in dire straits, medically, even before she lost her health coverage.  Pulmonary Hypertension is a tough diagnosis to defeat.

Additionally, it should be known that Marcelas' grandmother works (or worked) for Washington State Community Advocacy Network - an ACORN-style community advocacy network, and she is a card carrying member of SEIU.  It should also be noted that SEIU paid all the costs of the Washington trip for Marcelas and his grandmother.

Coincidence? I think not!
.
This whole episode rates a 9.5 (on a scale of 10) on the scumbag meter.  I cannot wait until the public at large learns the details behind this sad episode. Of course, I'm not holding my breath for CNN, MS-NBC, ABC or other "state-controlled media" to do the legwork on this.

Just another reason to "stamp out liberalism in our lifetime".

Update:

Michelle Malkin did a nice piece today on her website titled "Harry Reid hides behind 11-year-old kiddie shield Marcelas Owens".  I like "kiddie shield" touch, Michelle! 

Please take a moment to read her article - good stuff and supports the arguments of many (myself included) that at a certain point personal exploitation for political gain crosses the line, and the Dems hit that point with this circus.

No comments:

Post a Comment