Sunday, April 25, 2010

What is the longest that you have gone without sleep?

The NYT has a good article on people who went long periods of time without sleep. Being a pampered baby-boomer (tail-end, 1957) who never served, I never had to go long periods without sleep. The longest I can remember is the summer of my 16th year. A bunch of us went to the local county fair, and camped there for 3 days. I got a grand total of 1 1/2 hours sleep during that time. We were basically un-supervised. Young poon was everywhere. Dope was plenteous. Life was good, and too precious to waste on sleep. By the end, I was exhausted. I blew through a red light on the way home, as though it was not even there. Fortunately, nobody was crossing on the green.

Surely many out there have that puny-assed "record" beat?

No comments:

Post a Comment