Wednesday, May 12, 2010

File this under Too Much Information

India now has more mobile phones than toilets. From the GlobalPost:

"On the one hand, India has some 565 million mobile phone connections, covering roughly half the country’s 1.2 billion people. It is a country whose tech-savvy workforce provides sophisticated tech know-how to the rest of the globe."

"But only 366 million people, a third of its population, have the use of a proper toilet, according to a recent study by the United Nations. The rest defecate in the open, leading to the stereotype that India is a dirty, smelly country."

Not that I ever had a desire to visit India, but sheesh! No way would I go there after reading this.

Ajay, if you are out there, I wish I could kid you about this in person! [My poker buddy moved from Richmond to Arizona. I miss him often.]

1 comment: