Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rolling Stone Reporter is "A Rat In An Eagle's Nest"

What a great line, and what's really gonna twist your noodle is who said it...  Geraldo Rivera!

In this Fox News segment with KT McFarland, Geraldo articulates - quite well in fact - the importance of context and camaraderie in a setting with members of the military.  When I discussed context and character here and at Smash Mouth Politics, I tried to balance what I felt were sneaky, underhanded tactics of the MSM against the naivety and perhaps blind trust given the reporter by Gen. McChrystal and his staff.  Ultimately, Gen. McChrystal bears the responsibility for his words and with so much of Obama's agenda spinning down the drain, BO has no choice but to accept McChrystal's resignation.

His "trailer trash shows" and some political leanings aside, I believe Geraldo to be perhaps the best reporter in the media today. An old-school type of guy who has spent more time embedded with and in support of military forces than anyone else I can think of.  A hell of a job here, and I applaud him for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment