Monday, March 22, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday...

I have some finals this evening so this will be a light post day but some things I wanted to touch on:

* Regarding health care passage yesterday:  Most of the conservative pundits are marking this as the beginning of the end of Democratic-controlled government for some time.  While I want to believe this is true, allow me to plays Devil's Advocate with a thoughtful counterpoint via Insty:

"All this talk about backlash and Republican landslides is very premature. The Democrats just purchased 30,000,000 new votes. In November, the Democrat machine will drive through the low income neighborhoods in buses with loudspeakers warning people to get on board and vote against the evil Republicans promising to “steal” their “right” to free healthcare. And it just might work."


* Turns out it was the Gentleman from Lubbock, TX who shouted something like "baby killer" during the House debate yesterday evening.  I will be writing a check to this guy later today...


Texas Republican Rep. Randy Neugebauer acknowledged Monday that he is the lawmaker who shouted out "baby killer" during a floor speech by Rep. Bart Stupak, an anti-abortion Democrat whose vote was crucial to passage of the Democratic health care bill Sunday evening.


He said his exact words, referring to that agreement, were "it's a baby killer."


*  Gregg Knapp over at biggovernment.com believes there is still hope based on the states rights and X Amendment concerns.  I am not lawyer, but from what I've studied there may be just enough to require Dems to re-write the (hopefully) unconstitutional version - just in time to make it Page 1 news during November elections.


* Investors Business Daily has a good piece entitled 20 Ways Obamacare Will Take Away Our Freedoms.  An intelligent, thoughtful article which highlights what we already knew - this has to somehow be defeated.  Take a moment for the read.


*  Stacy writes "They Should Have Listened To Rush" over at The Other McCain.  I jumped up and down and said the same thing - it would kick-start their push to the finish.  They didn't listen to me, either Stacy.  I also want to thank Stacy and Smitty for hosting the live chat session yesterday.  It was fun, provocative and allowed me to find new things to read - and maybe find one or two new people to read my blathering.  Thanks again to those who have.  And yes Stacy, I am putting the $10.00 in the tip jar....


I'll post more if time permit permits but for now, off to the land of Cisco...

No comments:

Post a Comment