Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Greek strikers killed three

CNN reports that rioters fire-bombed a bank and several are killed and missing:

"Protesters were throwing bottles at police guarding the burned-out bank, shouting "torturers" and "liars" because they don't believe people were killed inside. Riot police were moving in to push the crowd away, CNN's Diana Magnay reported from the scene."

Some may hate me for saying this, but I think the Greek government should start shooting to kill. Clear the streets. The first job of government is to protect the country from threats without and within. When rioters begin throwing firebombs on banks and killing innocent bank employees, I'd say it is time to take back control of the streets by any means necessary. Shoot a few of them, perhaps the rest will get the message.

On the day after the 40th anniversary of the Kent State Massacre, I'm not advocating over-reaction to a non-threat, as most believe that was. But after a firebomb killed people, I'd start issuing bullets and authorizing the use of force in a nano-second.

I don't know all the facts. Admittedly, I read the headlines, and hear the broadcasters say what the rioting is all about, and I believe it. I've heard that they are rioting over government cuts in spending. If so, I have zero sympathy for the rioters, and in fact believe that they deserve what they get. Hell, if it was for a good cause, I'd be out there protesting with them. But vermin who are protesting spending cuts by their bankrupt government need to get a bath, a haircut and then get a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment